Search This Blog

Sunday, 7 January 2018

Positive Tension




Physical exercise is no doubt good for the soul. However, swimming, cycling and running alone leaves the mind with a lot of time to think. Too much time to think. In the pat my hours of solitude in the pool or on the bike have left me reflecting on my journey, cancer, my rotten luck and the crap of been through.

However, as I tackle the new year with a positive attitude and looking forward rather than back my trail of thoughts has altered and taken a more satisfying path. Tackling training on the bike thinking about what I’m going to do next, where I can go faster next time or what future rides can achieve is rather than reflecting on the hellacious journey so far is not only a more positive approach and thought process but makes the whole thing more enjoyable and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment